Sunday, August 27, 2006

Pastors Pray & Plan

Spending a year soaking in God while participating in the Church Planter's Residency Program at Bethlehem was a blessing I intend to thank Him for until my dying day. One special blessing was being invited to join the BBC pastoral staff on their quarterly "Pray & Plan" weekend getaways. The pastors would go away together and spend time seeking the Lord, planning part of the year, and trying not to become the next pastor rushed to the hospital during the second day's traditional sporting event (During the trips I attended we played softball, kickball, and floor hockey. No one was hurt...too badly). One pastor broke an arm on the Pray & Plan that preceded my arrival.

Being part of a new church plant in downtown Memphis is also a blessing I intend to thank God for until my dying day. Though we've not even begun the Interest Meetings of Grace Church, our pastors, along with spouses and children, returned last evening from our very first GC Pastors Pray & Plan. I am truly blessed to walk beside men who treasure Jesus Christ above all else! Thank you for continuing to pray for us to glorify God by treasuring Jesus Christ and spreading His eternal joy. No one was hurt either - unless you count Bryan's feelings for getting slung off tube into Pickwick lake.

1 comment:

Jordan Thomas said...

(From Anthony Mathenia)

Count Nicolas Ludwig von Zinzendorf translated by John Wesley

Jesus, Thy blood and righteousness
My beauty are, my glorious dress;
'Midst flaming worlds, in these arrayed,
With joy shall I lift up my head.

Bold shall I stand in Thy great day;
For who aught to my charge shall lay?
Fully absolved through these I am
From sin and fear, from guilt and shame.

The holy, meek, unspotted Lamb,
Who from the Father's bosom came,
Who died for me, e'en me to atone,
Now for my Lord and God I own.

Lord, I believe Thy precious blood,
Which, at the mercy seat of God,
Forever doth for sinners plead,
For me, e'en for my soul, was shed.

Lord, I believe were sinners more
Than sands upon the ocean shore,
Thou hast for all a ransom paid,
For all a full atonement made.

When from the dust of death I rise
To claim my mansion in the skies,
Ev'n then this shall be all my plea,
Jesus hath lived, hath died, for me.

Jesus, the endless praise to Thee,
Whose boundless mercy hath for me—
For me a full atonement made,
An everlasting ransom paid.

O let the dead now hear Thy voice;
Now bid Thy banished ones rejoice;
Their beauty this, their glorious dress,
Jesus, Thy blood and righteousness.