Monday, October 09, 2006

Fo' All My Brotha's In Da' Hood

Oh my! Relevant Revolution has done something that is both culturally relevant (to a particular sub-set of culture) and unique without compromizing the message of the gospel...and I like it! Alot. More than not compromizing the message of the gospel, they actually quote God word-for-word for 66 entire books! Check this out...
  1. The Bible on Beat
  2. Sermon Jams
(Strangely enough, I think these sermons might be even easier to listen to in this format?!? Maybe I need a funky beat ambiance while I'm preaching at Grace Church?)

Example Sermon Jam Sessions:
(HT: Ben Clark)

6 comments:

KB said...

Amen, Hallaluyurrr, yes. Finally, some great cd opportunities for the truck, Alongside of My boy Lacrae.....Yes, This fits the bill for the dirty. My style my flow, something I can relate to and it gives me chills to listen to the Lockridge jam and piper on suffering. Amen.. for the chills and for the excitment...

melissa said...

Wow- that's great. Lacrae has some company now. Thanks!

Brandon said...

since i am a red beard and everything Alister Begg is most certaintly my homeboy. You sure can get lost in the words with those beats You know what would be sweet to put some braveheart or some kind of orchestra behind it

Quo Vadis said...

I love that piece from Lockridge. I can just see him one day announcing the Rider on the white horse in a "let's get ready to rumble!" kind of way. How glorious our King is coming to take us home! Come Lord Jesus!

JS said...

Thanks for the links Jordan. I'm 'bout to turn my speakers up at work!

kb -

Here's some more good stuff for the truck:

Check out the artists at lampmode.com: Stephen the Levite, R-Swift, shai linne, Timothy Brindle, Curt Allen (aka - Voice). My head's about to explode!

Or check out Christcentric (christcentric.net). Solid.

Saturated with Christ, a high view of God and a love for the Word. Amen?

adam said...

That was sweet, not sure about behind the pit though.