Sunday, November 19, 2006

Psalm 27 - Look To Christ

Thank you Nathan for preaching Christ from Psalm 27 this evening at Grace. Of all of the things the Lord did in my heart through your sermon, three things stood out to me most. May I live them!
  1. Look To Christ - I think you made this statement, in some form, nearly 100 times in the sermon! Thank you! He is sufficient!
  2. Live, Look, & Love - In explaining verse 4, you admonished us to pursue that for which we pray because David said, "One thing I have asked of the Lord, and that I will seek..." As you pointed it out, I also noticed that David's "one" request was three-dimensional: (A) Live with God ("To dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life"); (B) Look at God ("To gaze upon Your beauty"); and (C) to Love God supremely ("To meditate in Your temple"). May we all live, look, and love.
  3. Period - At verse 8 you exhorted us to seek Christ "more, and more, and more." I thought of all of the life-transforming things for which I have prayed, but have conjured up reasons to excuse my lack of progress in sanctification. The period at the end of verse 8 stood out to me. "When You said, 'Seek My face,' my heart said unto You, 'Thy face, O Lord, I will seek.'" Not, "Thy face will seek...tomorrow...or, when things are easier...or, if such and such happens." Nope. Just a period. End of sentence. I will seek Thy beautiful face!
Thank you for the admonition brother.

No comments: