Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Scriptures on the pattern of Christ from the gospel of John

Here are the scriptures on the pattern of Christ from John's gospel that were read Sunday morning. Enjoy Christ!!

4

John 4:34 Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work.

5

John 5:19-24 Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner. [20] "For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing; and the Father will show Him greater works than these, so that you will marvel. [21] "For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes. [22] "For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son, [23] so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. [24] "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 5:30 "I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

John 5:31-32 "If I alone testify about Myself, My testimony is not true. [32] "There is another who testifies of Me, and I know that the testimony which He gives about Me is true.

John 5:36-38 "But the testimony which I have is greater than the testimony of John; for the works which the Father has given Me to accomplish—the very works that I do—testify about Me, that the Father has sent Me.[37] "And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form. [38] "You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent.

John 5:39-47 "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; [40] and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. [41] "I do not receive glory from men; [42] but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves. [43] "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him. [44] "How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God? [45] "Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. [46] "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. [47] "But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

6

John 6:26-29 Jesus answered them and said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled. [27] "Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal." [28] Therefore they said to Him, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?" [29] Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."

John 6:37-40 "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. [38] "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. [39] "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. [40] "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."

John 6:55-58 "For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. [56] "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. [57] "As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also will live because of Me. [58] "This is the bread which came down out of heaven; not as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever."

John 6:44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

7

John 7:14-18 But when it was now the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and began to teach. [15] The Jews then were astonished, saying, "How has this man become learned, having never been educated?" [16] So Jesus answered them and said, "My teaching is not Mine, but His who sent Me. [17] "If anyone is willing to do His will, he will know of the teaching, whether it is of God or whether I speak from Myself. [18] "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

John 7:28-29 Then Jesus cried out in the temple, teaching and saying, "You both know Me and know where I am from; and I have not come of Myself, but He who sent Me is true, whom you do not know. [29] "I know Him, because I am from Him, and He sent Me."

John 7:32-34 The Pharisees heard the crowd muttering these things about Him, and the chief priests and the Pharisees sent officers to seize Him. [33] Therefore Jesus said, "For a little while longer I am with you, then I go to Him who sent Me. [34] "You will seek Me, and will not find Me; and where I am, you cannot come."

8

John 8:16-19 "But even if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone in it, but I and the Father who sent Me. [17] "Even in your law it has been written that the testimony of two men is true. [18] "I am He who testifies about Myself, and the Father who sent Me testifies about Me." [19] So they were saying to Him, "Where is Your Father?" Jesus answered, "You know neither Me nor My Father; if you knew Me, you would know My Father also."

John 8:25-26 So they were saying to Him, "Who are You?" Jesus said to them, "What have I been saying to you from the beginning? [26] "I have many things to speak and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and the things which I heard from Him, these I speak to the world."

John 8:28-29 So Jesus said, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and I do nothing on My own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught Me. [29] "And He who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him."

John 8:38 "I speak the things which I have seen with My Father; therefore you also do the things which you heard from your father."

John 8:42-47 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me. [43] "Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. [44] "You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. [45] "But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me. [46] "Which one of you convicts Me of sin? If I speak truth, why do you not believe Me? [47] "He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God."

John 8:49-50 Jesus answered, "I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me. [50] "But I do not seek My glory; there is One who seeks and judges.

John 8:54-58 Jesus answered, "If I glorify Myself, My glory is nothing; it is My Father who glorifies Me, of whom you say, 'He is our God'; [55] and you have not come to know Him, but I know Him; and if I say that I do not know Him, I will be a liar like you, but I do know Him and keep His word. [56] "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad." [57] So the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" [58] Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

9

John 9:3-9 Jesus answered, "It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him. [4] "We must work the works of Him who sent Me as long as it is day; night is coming when no one can work. [5] "While I am in the world, I am the Light of the world." [6] When He had said this, He spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and applied the clay to his eyes, [7] and said to him, "Go, wash in the pool of Siloam" (which is translated, Sent). So he went away and washed, and came back seeing. [8] Therefore the neighbors, and those who previously saw him as a beggar, were saying, "Is not this the one who used to sit and beg?" [9] Others were saying, "This is he," still others were saying, "No, but he is like him." He kept saying, "I am the one."

10

John 10:18 "No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father."

John 10:29-30 "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. [30] "I and the Father are one."

John 10:37-38 "If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; [38] but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father."

11

John 11:4 But when Jesus heard this, He said, "This sickness is not to end in death, but for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified by it."

John 11:41-42 So they removed the stone. Then Jesus raised His eyes, and said, "Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. [42] "I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the people standing around I said it, so that they may believe that You sent Me."

12

John 12:23 And Jesus answered them, saying, "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.

John 12:44-46 And Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me, does not believe in Me but in Him who sent Me. [45] "He who sees Me sees the One who sent Me. [46] "I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness.

John 12:49-50 "For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. [50] "I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me."

13

John 13:20"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me."

John 13:31-32 Therefore when he had gone out, Jesus said, "Now is the Son of Man glorified, and God is glorified in Him; [32] if God is glorified in Him, God will also glorify Him in Himself, and will glorify Him immediately.

14

John 14:10"Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.

John 14:13 "Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 14:24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me.

John 14:31 but so that the world may know that I love the Father, I do exactly as the Father commanded Me. Get up, let us go from here.

15

John 15:10"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

16

John 16:28 "I came forth from the Father and have come into the world; I am leaving the world again and going to the Father."

John 16:32"Behold, an hour is coming, and has already come, for you to be scattered, each to his own home, and to leave Me alone; and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.

17

John 17:1 Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You,

John 17:4-5 "I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do. [5] "Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

John 17:17-18"Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth. [18] "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.

John 17:22-26 "The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; [23] I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me. [24] "Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.[25] "O righteous Father, although the world has not known You, yet I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me; [26] and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."

20

John 20:21So Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you."


No comments: