Friday, September 15, 2006

An Idea

I have experienced tremendous spiritual benefit through the years by being involved in reading groups with other Christians. I wonder if something like that could happen through this blog?

Maybe we could set a goal of 8 or more people who would agree to be part of our "group" (and since we meet in cyberspace, there's room for an unlimited # of people). Group members would agree to read through a certain portion of a certain book at certain specified times. Then, we could interact with the author through this blog on a certain day of the week. Make sense?

We would operate just like a reading group, but our "meeting" would be held at Solus-Christus.blogspot.com on a certain specified day of the week. On that day, I would create a post saying "________ (book name) - pp 1-22". Then I would attempt, in a paragraph or two, to summarize the author's main point for that particular section. Then, those in our "group" could chime in with comments (and anyone under the sun could interact with our comments), but at least we could stimulate one another's thinking, and hopefully, personal holiness.

Ok, it's only an idea at this point. Maybe a dumb one? If you're interested then post a comment (and perhaps a book that you've not already read but would like to read). I'm in. If we have at least eight people who will commit to finish the book and supply comments from the weekly reading it's a go. Hooray for book nerds!

5 comments:

JS said...

I'm in!

I haven't read God is the Gospel (Piper) yet. It's still sitting on my shelf.

I'm open to your choosing. What a great excuse to up the monthly book budget!

Anonymous said...

I'm in! Maybe you should throw out some possible choices.....
A great one I've heard about is "Your Best Life Now"- I bet we'd get some great truth out of that reading. =)
Seriously and obviously kidding.

Anthony said...

good chance i will be in...until i leave the usa

Clif said...

i would like to join the book nerd revolution.

Anonymous said...

Jordan,
Sounds like an excellent idea and opportunity. I would be interested