Friday, September 15, 2006

A Man Pleaser, The Will of Man, And the Will of God

Pilate is the man-pleaser who delivered Jesus to the will of man in fulfillment of the will of God!
Pilate said..."I find no guilt in this man." - Luke 23:4

Pilate summoned...the people, and said to them, "...I have found no guilt in this man regarding the charges which you make against Him. No, nor has Herod, for he sent Him back to us; and behold, nothing deserving death has been done by Him. I will therefore punish Him and release Him. - Luke 23:13-16

...Pilate, wanting to release Jesus, addressed them again - Luke 23:20

[Pilate] said to them the third time, "Why, what evil has this man done? I have found in Him no guilt demanding death; I will therefore punish Him and release Him." - Luke 23:22

And their voices began to prevail. And Pilate pronounced sentence that their demand should be granted. - Luke 23:24

But [Pilate] delivered Jesus to their will. - Luke 23:25

No comments: